Thread: Chump Car Race This Weekend

Real Name
    steve carlson

Default Chump Car Race This Weekend

I sold some parts to a group of guys running a Chump Car this weekend at Laguna Seca. It's an enduro format with multiple drivers (7 hours Saturday and 7 on Sunday). The race has in car coverage both days. Here are the details....

For those who are interested, the races on Saturday and Sunday are from 9:00 am to 400 pm. You can watch a live video stream of the race on Racecast.me, which may include a camera on the main straightaway control tower as well as from several other cars (including ours). You can switch from camera to camera.

The starts are pretty exciting and usually provide lots of action. Our car should be identified as the Uncommon Friends Racing 240Z car number 246. John Morton of BRE Datsun fame will be our leadoff driver. The starting order is random so I am not sure if we will be starting toward the front of the field or somewhere toward the back. Either way, it will be fun!

Here is the link to the website:

https://live.racecast.me/

Modern technology is amazing isn't it?

Steve

Real Name
    steve carlson

Race is being broadcast right now. John Morton (BRE) is driving the Z right now. Make sure you have the sound on. He's a master at slow in fast out of the turns. Incredible driver - great lessons on how to drive Laguna Seca

Real Name
    steve carlson

I don't know if anyone tuned into the live feed early enough to see Morton drive at Laguna Seca. The camera was set up so you could see the drivers arms and legs - with a good view out the front windshield. It allowed you to see the driving style and lines taken in each corner. Morton (who is older than me.... and most everyone in our club) was out driving guys half his age. He was smooth and effortless with perfect placement on the track (unless other cars got in the way). An amazing opportunity to watch an old pro. He also had the fastest time of anyone in the car.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
    Race is being broadcast right now. John Morton (BRE) is driving the Z right now. Make sure you have the sound on. He's a master at slow in fast out of the turns. Incredible driver - great lessons on how to drive Laguna Seca

Real Name
    Ron Branam

I had the pleasure of meeting John Morton on the grid at last year's Monterey Reunion. A really nice guy. Working grid at the Monterey Reunion is the best!
    CS MX-5; New Blue. 22
    SCCA # 272894
    Licenses:
    Crew
    Div F & C
    SSS
    Member San Francisco Region Flagging & Communications

Real Name
    steve carlson

It's really interesting to meet someone you consider "famous" - who in person is a really humble, normal guy who treats everyone like an equal.

The grid at the Monterey Reunion would give you the chance to meet lots of "famous" drivers! What a great opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyBear View Post
    I had the pleasure of meeting John Morton on the grid at last year's Monterey Reunion. A really nice guy. Working grid at the Monterey Reunion is the best!