Thread: Reflections on Event #3

Real Name
    Gary McDaniel

Default Reflections on Event #3

I'm submitting this in the most respectful manner. Thank you Ric for the course design. Driving it was typically different then walking it. While the width was proper, the turns were very tight and challenging. I found it a bit "busy". It became apparent that it favored the smaller cars, which can easily happen at our site. With this said, it was totally enjoyable if not as rewarding as I might have hoped.
    Big thanks to those who worked timing and to Paul for processing and posting times so quickly. Special recognition to Kat for her announcing. She pleasantly kept up with everything and provided additional "color" comments to keep things interesting. Sidebar to Kat...you can call Luis' "Chevy" a Corvair.

GaryMc
    #49 SSP
    Short list;
    01 Corvette Z06
    04 Subaru STi
    05 BMW 330ci
    SCCA #261187

2015 Chief of Technical Inspection 2006GTO's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jim Clenney

I will agree with Gary, that the Fresno tends to favor smaller cars most of the time compared to Marina, Crows and a few other places I have AutoX's at. Having said that we are very lucky to have the sight. Just like you said, thanks to Ric for stepping up as event Chair again for the second time this year!! From walking it the course appeared to be very well laid out and technical. I hope I can get back to driving by the end of the year.

On a side note I asked Ric and Ken Vaughn to drive my car to see what they thought of it during the fun runs. I believed Ric turned a 42.6 and Ken turned a 42.5. Wow. Now I know the car is fast. I am just not sure I will ever be able to drive it so well. LOL See you all tomorrow!!
    2014 Mitsubishi Evolution X #76 STU, member #434973

Real Name
    Katherine Flater

Quote Originally Posted by solo2_z06 View Post
    I'm submitting this in the most respectful manner. Thank you Ric for the course design. Driving it was typically different then walking it. While the width was proper, the turns were very tight and challenging. I found it a bit "busy". It became apparent that it favored the smaller cars, which can easily happen at our site. With this said, it was totally enjoyable if not as rewarding as I might have hoped.
    Big thanks to those who worked timing and to Paul for processing and posting times so quickly. Special recognition to Kat for her announcing. She pleasantly kept up with everything and provided additional "color" comments to keep things interesting. Sidebar to Kat...you can call Luis' "Chevy" a Corvair.
    Thanks for the compliment! I do my best to keep everyone updated and happy. And yes, knowing that Luis' car is a Corvair is helpful! Thanks again!