View Poll Results: In favor of 2 run group format?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 93.75%
  • No

1 6.25%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Proposed Two Run Group Format (Open for Discussion)

Real Name
    Eric G

Agree with so many points above.

As another out-of-towner, I appreciate the notion of starting on time (as an event organizer, this is very difficult sometimes, even with technical difficulties exempted), and can give a '+1' to the new format. I have always positioned my registration as to run in the morning when at Fresno FG.

Will there be a 'max' number to this format that then reverts the event to four (or even a three, rotating in-out, a'la SFR) run groups for the event that happens to have many registered?

Please, 'no' vote on morning practice/fun runs, with competition runs in the afternoon. The new format proposed still avails the afternoon for 'chores' for those in need of a Sunday afternoon.

Thanks for the read.

Eric G
    It's okay not to have a signature, really. Inputs wonky, spin central.

Real Name
    Jimmy Au-Yeung

Just a heads up, as a result of the voting from last night's meeting, we have voted to approve the 2-run group format (starting with April's events)
    Jimmy Au-Yeung
    Member #437716
    STU #124
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX SE
    Avatar photo taken by Perry Bennett

Real Name
    Corky & Pam Schroeder

I to am considering voting against the two run groups schedule as it is unfriendly to anyone who is driving in from out of town. (looks you have already decided)
    Last edited by psychostang; 03-20-2017 at 11:56 AM.
    Pam Schroeder
    06 Mustang, FSL #16
    SCCA# 389083

Corky Schroeder
    06 Mustang, FS #116
    SCCA# 389084

Real Name
    Jimmy Au-Yeung

Quote Originally Posted by psychostang View Post
    I to am considering voting against the two run groups schedule as it is unfriendly to anyone who is driving in from out of town. (looks you have already decided)
    Yep, we voted on this during the last meeting. While it does force everyone to be on site early, you're also getting more runs (if you stay for fun runs) and we won't be scrambling for workers (like we were yesterday during RG4) because the run groups will be bigger. This will also allow us to foster a better Novice program - how many times in the past have we had novices DNF and the trailer ask for an instructor, only for there to be none because we're stretched too thin? With properly staffed work stations, we can have several people on hand that can ride along and give advice to novices during each run group, instead of them potentially getting frustrated and never coming back. Also, we would be able to pair novices on course with more experienced course workers and not rely on a novice to relay accurate cone calls/DNFs by themselves.
    Jimmy Au-Yeung
    Member #437716
    STU #124
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX SE
    Avatar photo taken by Perry Bennett

Real Name
    Jerry Kell

Thumbs up

While I'm waiting for my video from todays autocross to upload, I thought I would revisit this thread and say I was wrong about how I thought this would work. Whatever sleep I lost before leaving for the races is more than made up for by being done before the afternoon heat becomes crazy. I really appreciate all the work that goes into these events and I have to admit this was a very good idea.
    Jerry Kell
    #51 STX Subie WRX Wagon