Thread: Banquet Feedback

Real Name
    Jimmy Au-Yeung

Default Banquet Feedback

Our 2016 Banquet was last Saturday, so I thought I would make a thread for member feedback.

For people that were there, what did you think of the venue? How was the food and pricing? What was your opinion of the raffle prizes?

For people who weren't there, was there any specific reason for not attending? Was there something that could've been done that would've made it more likely for you to attend?

Feel free to make suggestions as well. This will help with next year's banquet planning
    Jimmy Au-Yeung
    Member #437716
    STU #124
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX SE
    Avatar photo taken by Perry Bennett

Real Name
    Gary McDaniel

The venue was very nice and the food was great, especially at the price point. Lots of raffle prizes, so, everyone was a winner (so millennial).

GaryMc
    #49 SSP
    Short list;
    01 Corvette Z06
    04 Subaru STi
    05 BMW 330ci
    SCCA #261187

Real Name
    Rufus Connell

I drive down to Fresno from San Francisco area for as many events as I can. 3.5 hour drive is just too hard to justify just for a dinner.

I think a fun way to get a bigger crowd would be to host the banquet on the Saturday night between a two day event. Ie, we race Saturday, banquet Saturday night, race Sunday again. Additionally results from that day's Saturday race could be announced, Event winner stickers could be handed out, etc. It could be a good way to get more people, aside from the trophy winners, to attend.

Real Name
    Ron Branam

Nice idea Rufus. I know SFR Region did that with their racing award banquet last year They had it in Willows the night after the last race of the season.

I liked the venue. I liked the price. Really, no-goers, it was a good meal for $18.95 including tax and tip. The service was top-notch. If you don't like that price point and service, we can always go back to Yosemite Falls.

The raffle prizes were better than some times, not as good as others. I have no complaints. Anybody want to trade for a compression tester?
    CS MX-5; New Blue. 22
    SCCA # 272894
    Licenses:
    Crew
    Div F & C
    SSS
    Member San Francisco Region Flagging & Communications

Real Name
    Richard Jensen

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyBear View Post
    Really, no-goers, it was a good meal for $18.95 including tax and tip.

I left a big tip apparently haha

It's okay though... event was great wish I could make it to more *things*
    Focus ZTS - RIP
    R53 Cooper S - #510 SMF
    Sonata Turbo - Boat comes out in the rain
    SCCA# 46662

Real Name
    Jerry Kell

The weather kept me from attending. I was snowed in at work.
    Jerry Kell
    #51 STX Subie WRX Wagon

Real Name
    Domsanracing

Quote Originally Posted by Jim3142 View Post
    Our 2016 Banquet was last Saturday, so I thought I would make a thread for member feedback.

For people that were there, what did you think of the venue? How was the food and pricing? What was your opinion of the raffle prizes?

For people who weren't there, was there any specific reason for not attending? Was there something that could've been done that would've made it more likely for you to attend?

Feel free to make suggestions as well. This will help with next year's banquet planning
    Oooh I'm sad to have missed that!
    I'm just new in the forum, how could I find the information for the next Banquet 2017?