Thread: Steve's Z car garage sale!

Real Name
    steve carlson

Default Steve's Z car garage sale!

It's time to clean out the garage. Everything must go.

1971 F Prepared Z car. Fully dialed in with triple Webers and a killer custom suspension. It was built as an autocross car but could easily be converted to a track day monster and vintage race car. It come with a huge list of spares, some of which are pretty rare and expensive (Subaru limited slip with custom stub axles to fit a Z, 5 speed transmission, 4 sets of race wheels, race prepped head and cam, diesel crank to make a 3 liter motor, body panels, etc. etc. etc). If interested I'll send the entire two page list of what's on the car and the spares. $15,000 with all the spares.

1971 Yellow Z car is listed on Auto Trader Classics. It's an automatic but has a very strong motor and a great paint job. About 85 K miles. It's listed online for $16,500 - will sell locally for $14,000. Check out the photos and videos on Auto Trader. It's also a good place to compare it with other cars listed.

1971 black Z is currently listed on Datsun Classifieds.com It's a barn finds that's been a non-op since 1985. It's a four speed with dealer installed AC.
    Unfortunately it was painted black - original color was silver. It's the straightest and most rust free early Z I've ever seen. Local price $6,500

I'm also selling my white 1970 Z. It was my original autocross car and has a strong L-28 motor, Z Therapy carbs, 5 speed trans, 3.5 diff, and Recaro seats.
    It was built in 1969 and might be one of the cars on the first boat to the states. It's serial #000789. It's one of only about 150 of the 500 some cars they built in 69. It will also come with some spares. $16,000

Once the cars are gone I'll sell the 24 foot Haulmark enclosed trailer and 1997 Ford F-250 Turbo Diesel.

I also have a ton of tools to sell. If there's enough interest, I'll hold an SCCA only garage sale. I'll post a list of tools later (ie. welders, compressors, car hoist and hand tools).

Steve

Real Name
    Reace Fisher

Steve, I really hate to see you get rid of these cars, I have drooled over the orange z for years! I pray for you and your health. I wish i had the money to buy any of these and help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
    It's time to clean out the garage. Everything must go.

1971 F Prepared Z car. Fully dialed in with triple Webers and a killer custom suspension. It was built as an autocross car but could easily be converted to a track day monster and vintage race car. It come with a huge list of spares, some of which are pretty rare and expensive (Subaru limited slip with custom stub axles to fit a Z, 5 speed transmission, 4 sets of race wheels, race prepped head and cam, diesel crank to make a 3 liter motor, body panels, etc. etc. etc). If interested I'll send the entire two page list of what's on the car and the spares. $15,000 with all the spares.

1971 Yellow Z car is listed on Auto Trader Classics. It's an automatic but has a very strong motor and a great paint job. About 85 K miles. It's listed online for $16,500 - will sell locally for $14,000. Check out the photos and videos on Auto Trader. It's also a good place to compare it with other cars listed.

1971 black Z is currently listed on Datsun Classifieds.com It's a barn finds that's been a non-op since 1985. It's a four speed with dealer installed AC.
    Unfortunately it was painted black - original color was silver. It's the straightest and most rust free early Z I've ever seen. Local price $6,500

I'm also selling my white 1970 Z. It was my original autocross car and has a strong L-28 motor, Z Therapy carbs, 5 speed trans, 3.5 diff, and Recaro seats.
    It was built in 1969 and might be one of the cars on the first boat to the states. It's serial #000789. It's one of only about 150 of the 500 some cars they built in 69. It will also come with some spares. $16,000

Once the cars are gone I'll sell the 24 foot Haulmark enclosed trailer and 1997 Ford F-250 Turbo Diesel.

I also have a ton of tools to sell. If there's enough interest, I'll hold an SCCA only garage sale. I'll post a list of tools later (ie. welders, compressors, car hoist and hand tools).

Steve

Real Name
    steve carlson

Here are the specifics on the race Z....

1971 “F Prepared” 240-Z

This is a great autocross car and has potential as a track day demon. It’s very fast due to a strong motor with very little weight. Tons of spare parts (40 years of collecting) will go with the car.

Weight – 1,875 lbs with lite wheels/tires/exhaust (In it’s present configuration it’s more – but I have documents from earlier corner weight adjustments to prove the lite-weight potential)
    Carbon Fiber hood and rear hatch. A spare rear hatch goes with the car, which has a 911 style whale tail. This kind of whale tale makes a HUGE difference on high-speed tracks. With that tail the car is “planted” at Laguna Seca and Sears Point.
    Plexiglass front windshield and rear hatch window.
    No glass – no dash – no wiring harness (custom wiring for brake lights, temp and ignition – oil pressure gauge is mechanical)
    Doors are metal skins with cabinet hinges welded to the front fenders (weight is the enemy of performance). I will also include a stock 71 Z door – and a complete dash in case you want to go ITS or Vintage racing.

Custom suspension:
    Struts are adjustable spring perches with 2.5 inch springs (currently 400 lbs front and 450 rears are installed, but a range of Eibach springs will go with the car – 200 to 600 lbs)
    Custom valved Bilstiens struts (done by Bilestien to match the weight and spring rate of the car).
    Adjustable lower control arms front and rear (adjustable while on the car for easy alignment). Adjustable Compression Rods. All adjustments are done with heim joints.
    Front camber plates with EMR caster adjustment spacer.
    Short front steering knuckles (Datsun Comp) to quicken the steering and lower strut spacers for proper front geometry.
    The car currently has a one-inch front bar and ¾ inch rear. Front mount points have been reinforce to prevent the frame rail from splitting (it happened on a previous Z). Extra 1 1/8th and 7/8th bars go with the car.

Brakes: Fronts are four piston Toyota 4x4 brakes – Rears are stock aluminum drums. Braided steel brake lines at all four corners. Extra stock brake parts are included.

Custom welded roll bar connecting all four suspension points – front and rear (car is extremely stiff). We tried a bolt in cage years ago and it did very little to stiffen the chassis.

Engine: L-28 with 40 over flat top pistons and custom cam (Rebello).
    P-90 head shaved as much as possible and ported/polished by an old (but very talented) former IMSA Z mechanic. Approximately 10-1 compression. It runs on 91 octane gas without a problem. 195 RWHP and 186 ft. lbs of torque – measured on two different dynos. A spare L-26 long block goes with the car – with the engine stand. Also a collection of rods – pistons – valves – and an LD-28 (diesel) crank (a very rare and highly valued crank that can be used to create a 3.1 liter engine). Also a spare e88 race head – that’s ready to bolt on the engine. It’s been shaved and will dramatically increase compression – likely requiring race fuel. It has a high lift cam with the proper spacers for correct geometry already installed. Arizona Z Car aluminum oil pan – trap doors to prevent oil starvation during high g-force turns.

Aluminum three row radiator that could easily handle cooling for a V-8.

Header: 6 into 1 – with 2.5 inch exhaust and turbo muffler built to meet Laguna Seca sound limits. A lite-weight Sebring glass pack will go with the car.

Datsun Comp R-200 clutch style Limited Slip, which is currently 3.5 – but spare 4.11, and 4.44 R-200 differentials will go with the car. Also included is a Subaru 3.9 R-180 LSD with custom output shafts to allow use in the Z . Custom solid front mount (no rubber). Numerous drive shafts and axle half shafts will also go with the car.

Carbs: The car currently runs Triple 45 Webers and Cannon intake manifold that are dialed in (no stumble even coming out of slow autocross turns). With these carbs it feels like a turbo at about 2,500 rpm. I will also include about 5 other sets of SU carbs – all have complete linkages and intake manifolds (some are polished). Notes have been made on most of them regarding their current condition (“recently rebuilt” to “leaking rear carb”).

Fuel Cell: Summit Racing

Electronic distributor (ZX) and MSD ignition with 7,200 red line chip. Pulls strong well past 7,200 if the chip is changed (spares for any desired red line are included)

No tach or speedo (you don’t have time to read them anyway – only oil pressure and temp gauges are installed – but spare gauges will go with the car)

Wheels: Various wheels will go with the car. MSW dirt track three piece 9.5 x 15 wheels (outer shell is carbon fiber and super lite weight), Boyds (8 x 15), 7 x 15 eight spoke mini lite imitations and 7 x 15 Libres. All come with one inch spacers for proper spacing. All fit the current flares. The car usually runs on 10.5 x 15 Avons. The Boyds currently have 225/50-15 Toyos mounted as track day tires – full tread.

Seat: Reupholstered Sparco (cloth cover)

Simpson 5 point harness (two years old

Real Name
    Justin Tang

Hi Steve,

Sorry to hear that you are letting those cars go. I hope that they find good homes.

I'd be interested to hear details on what welders you are looking to sell.
    Justin Tang
    #86 FSP

photo courtesy of Bryan H.

Real Name
    David Haas

Steve- I am interested in the truck/trailer. Let me know the price on each. PM me and I will send you my ph #. I still might have yours unless it has changed. Thanks.

Real Name
    Corky & Pam Schroeder

Hi Steve, I can't imagine someone else driving the "Z". Pam and I will be praying for you. Corky
    Pam Schroeder
    06 Mustang, FSL #16
    SCCA# 389083

Corky Schroeder
    06 Mustang, FS #116
    SCCA# 389084