Thread: New Guy Moving to Town

Real Name
    Fred Brown

Default New Guy Moving to Town

Hey, another newbie, moving to Town soon from Chicago.

Real Name
    Fred Brown

Quote Originally Posted by bemusing View Post
    Hey, another newbie, moving to Town soon from Chicago.

Sorry, forgot to mention. I'll be moving down in the next 2 months once my apartment is sold. I've got a Supra with RWD. I've not used it for drifting yet but have been told they perform really well due to the RWD. I might need to do a few mods once I'm over there but the turbo on it is pretty mean.

Real Name
    Gary McDaniel

We are not a drift club, but, you might like to try autocrossing with us next season.

GaryMc
    #49 SSP
    Short list;
    01 Corvette Z06
    04 Subaru STi
    05 BMW 330ci
    SCCA #261187

Real Name
    Fred Brown

Quote Originally Posted by solo2_z06 View Post
    We are not a drift club, but, you might like to try autocrossing with us next season.
    Ah, I had come across another drifting forum in the area that was related to a club but forgot to save it. Had a similar name I think so that's why when I searched and saw your site, I thought it was the same one. I wasn't really too sure what auto-crossing was but it actually sounds like good safe fun. I'll have a bit more of a read into it. If you've got any good sources of info where I can look in the meantime too, that would be good. I'll obviously have a proper look through the site now too and see what I can find here. Also, in regards to my Supra, if I was to get into autocrossing, what kind of improvements or mods do you think are essential to improve the autocross experience? I've just found some used trims on an online auction as I've been after some for a while now. There's other Supra related goods for sale there too so i'll have a proper look through. I'm now waiting for the bidding to finish. Thanks, and sorry for the confusion. Look forward to finding out more about autocrossing.
    Last edited by bemusing; 10-31-2016 at 07:55 AM.

Real Name
    jason hansen

It is very safe and it is fun. I'd suggest searching YouTube for autocross videos. If you think it's something that looks fun, come out and get a ride-a-long or at least watch. Or, go all out and run your car.
    #41 OSP
    #41 HS

Real Name
    Fred Brown

Quote Originally Posted by kaj View Post
    It is very safe and it is fun. I'd suggest searching YouTube for autocross videos. If you think it's something that looks fun, come out and get a ride-a-long or at least watch. Or, go all out and run your car.

OK thanks a lot, i'll have a better look a bit later.
    Last edited by bemusing; 10-31-2016 at 07:22 AM.

Real Name
    jason hansen

For sure, dude. Come out, either way, and hang out with some car peeps.
    ��
    #41 OSP
    #41 HS