Thread: Fresno Alignment Shops

Real Name
    Josh A

Default Fresno Alignment Shops

Anybody know any good alignment shops in Fresno? Was looking at Firestone for lifetime alignment but was wondering if there was any other local shops that offer it? Anybody have experience with lifetime alignment in these Fresno shops?

Real Name
    Ron Branam

In my opinion, "good alignment shop" and "lifetime alignment" is an oxymoron. But that's just me, your opinion may vary. Here's my question: Do you want just a "factory alignment" or do you want a "precision alignment?" They are two different things. A factory alignment has a broad range of specifications with a lot of leeway. A precision alignment is to your specifications and needs to be spot-on or very close to spot-on.

At any rate, I'll make two suggestions: Kurata's Automotive 254-2045 and Lewis Frame & Wheel 233-8411.
    CS MX-5; New Blue. 22
    SCCA # 272894
    Licenses:
    Crew
    Div F & C
    SSS
    Member San Francisco Region Flagging & Communications

Real Name
    jason hansen

the Firestone on Blackstone used to do mine. They got a new manager who says he refuses to let them set it to my specs, so there goes $180. After that I spent countless hours going to different places but nobody seemed to get it right. I finally found one guy, but he left the place he was at.. so now I'm just not sure. There is a place near a pet store on Blackstone.. I think it's a GoodGuys. They were willing, but I didn't go back after they broke a bolt on my lower control arm LOL.
    It's really, really, really hard to find a place in town for custom alignments. I have no clue where I'm gonna go next, unless my buddy can do it where he is now. I can ask him, if you are still looking.
    If things were different for me, right now, I'd just drop the cash on a laser alignment kit and tell them all to F off LOL

Good Luck, man.
    #41 OSP
    #41 HS

2015 Chief of Novice miatacrosser's Avatar
    Real Name
    Steven Bradford

Quote Originally Posted by kaj View Post
    the Firestone on Blackstone used to do mine. They got a new manager who says he refuses to let them set it to my specs, so there goes $180. After that I spent countless hours going to different places but nobody seemed to get it right. I finally found one guy, but he left the place he was at.. so now I'm just not sure. There is a place near a pet store on Blackstone.. I think it's a GoodGuys. They were willing, but I didn't go back after they broke a bolt on my lower control arm LOL.
    It's really, really, really hard to find a place in town for custom alignments. I have no clue where I'm gonna go next, unless my buddy can do it where he is now. I can ask him, if you are still looking.
    If things were different for me, right now, I'd just drop the cash on a laser alignment kit and tell them all to F off LOL

Good Luck, man.
    Jason, there is a place that will do exactly what you want them to do, PLUS they will let you sit in the car exactly as you would be when you are at the start line while it is being aligned(makes a big difference). You just have to be willing to drive the 40 miles down to Visalia. Their name is Gross & Stevens and they specialize in Brakes and Suspensions, Alignments, and RV/Trailer parts and service. phone # 734-4649, ask for Larry and tell him Steve with the white Miata said to call. He's the best alignment guy I've ever found and will get everything you ask for dead on the money all for around $90.
    Steven Bradford
    1991 Miata STS #15

"What's-a behind me is not important. "-The first rule of Italian driving.

Avatar photo courtesy of Ric Quinonez

Real Name
    steve carlson

Here's another one.....

Mac's Tire in Clovis (near the rodeo grounds). They have a rack that is low enough for me to get the Z on without ripping the exhaust off. Plus their guy is meticulous about setting the car to the specs YOU want! And they let you sit in the car while he does the work. On a light car it does make a huge difference. I don't remember the cost but it seemed very reasonable.

Real Name
    Ron Branam

Oh yeah, +1 to Mac's tire. Forgot about that place.
    CS MX-5; New Blue. 22
    SCCA # 272894
    Licenses:
    Crew
    Div F & C
    SSS
    Member San Francisco Region Flagging & Communications

Real Name
    jason hansen

Quote Originally Posted by miatacrosser View Post
    Jason, there is a place that will do exactly what you want them to do, PLUS they will let you sit in the car exactly as you would be when you are at the start line while it is being aligned(makes a big difference). You just have to be willing to drive the 40 miles down to Visalia. Their name is Gross & Stevens and they specialize in Brakes and Suspensions, Alignments, and RV/Trailer parts and service. phone # 734-4649, ask for Larry and tell him Steve with the white Miata said to call. He's the best alignment guy I've ever found and will get everything you ask for dead on the money all for around $90.
    I have NO problem driving to have it done right. My last two alignments literally took two weeks each which included more driving than i would to Visalia and back LOL

Quote Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
    Here's another one.....

Mac's Tire in Clovis (near the rodeo grounds). They have a rack that is low enough for me to get the Z on without ripping the exhaust off. Plus their guy is meticulous about setting the car to the specs YOU want! And they let you sit in the car while he does the work. On a light car it does make a huge difference. I don't remember the cost but it seemed very reasonable.
    I went there a couple years back and they weren't able to do my car, I forget why. Maybe things have changed? I'll definitely hit them up, very soon.

Now we have two options? Score!
    #41 OSP
    #41 HS