Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fresno SCCA Bylaws Discussion

Real Name
    Ron Branam

Ric, I've known about the 5 minutes/5 cars thing for years. The paragraph I quoted is from Dan's proposed changes. I read that paragraph and am confused as to whether it's stating 5 minutes minimum or 5 minutes maximum between reruns.
    CS MX-5; New Blue. 22
    SCCA # 272894
    Licenses:
    Crew
    Div F & C
    SSS
    Member San Francisco Region Flagging & Communications

Real Name
    Ron Craven

Ron the way a I read it means both.

Real Name
    Dan Bratten

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyBear View Post
    Ric, I've known about the 5 minutes/5 cars thing for years. The paragraph I quoted is from Dan's proposed changes. I read that paragraph and am confused as to whether it's stating 5 minutes minimum or 5 minutes maximum between reruns.
    Sorry, that seems to be my fault. It said "must" where my text says "may" in red. It is confusing now that I reread it. Actually, I'm in favor of tossing the whole thing as it is not used at the local level.
    Dan Bratten
    SS - C7 Z06 Corvette
    OSP or CAM-S - C6 Corvette

Real Name
    Dennis G. Feasel

If this is the proposed By-Laws changes that were approved at the June meeting and to be voted on at the January meeting, then we may want to change section 9.1.5.

Real Name
    Dan Bratten

Quote Originally Posted by DGF View Post
    If this is the proposed By-Laws changes that were approved at the June meeting and to be voted on at the January meeting, then we may want to change section 9.1.5.
    What do you suggest?

It now says:

9.1.5 Voting:

A majority vote at any meeting is a passing vote, so two- thirds is not required to pass.

Minimum number of club members at a meeting to put a motion to a vote is three.

Style of voting is usually raise of hands, but we are not limited to this style of voting.

--Dan
    Dan Bratten
    SS - C7 Z06 Corvette

Real Name
    Dennis G. Feasel

See 06-09-2015 post page 1 pdf which implies that voting is only done at meetings and only by raising of hands.

Does this effect how officers are elected? If it does then we need to clarify officer elections.

This is part of the proposed new By-Laws.

Real Name
    Dan Bratten

I don't see what you're referring to as "page 1" having to do with this. In the draft that I posted on 6/9/15 I made a suggestion in 9.1.5 in red.

What do you suggest would be a change to accommodate the online election votes? It doesn't prohibit online voting now but also doesn't specifically allow for it.

Perhaps there needs to be a separate section to address voting on board members vs. normal in-meeting votes on other proposals?
    Dan Bratten
    SS - C7 Z06 Corvette

Real Name
    Dennis G. Feasel

The point I was trying to make, and not doing a good job of it, was that voting on-line should be in the by-laws. So the answer to your question is yes, there should be a separate section.

Another point is the by-laws proposal is a big deal, at least to me it is, and should be headlined some way instead of being buried deep in forums.