Thread: 1982 Red Devil F440 Car For Sale

Real Name
    Eric G

Default 1982 Red Devil F440 Car For Sale

medium.jpg medium.jpg medium.jpg medium.jpg

Red Devil chassis with Chaparral ‘440’ engine. Re-engineered front end by local vintage formula racer and collector in late 80’s

Log Books from brand new and re-certified after front crash in 85/86. Last raced in early 90’s.

Raced at local Northern California tracks.

Many, many spares. Carbs, pistons, cylinders, chains, fuel delivery, rubber pucks, clutches, etc.

Some spares brand new, some worn out.

2 sets of rims/tires.

Full body work, no molds.

Full gauges, including fuel pressure repurposed as water pressure.

Older, smaller dimension roll cage.

Complete, but in need of going through, would make great autocross project. May (with much petitioning) get into Vintage class racing?

$1100, pictures at www.pbase.com/egillis/f440_car Pricing VERY flexible

Car located in Modesto, I cannot deliver (no truck/hauler) Parts will go into some of the shown artillery boxes, some in other containers/boxes.

Email questions to mkiisupra at hotmail dot com.

REPLY to questions asked on another for sale site about the car:

The car hasn't run for many years. When I pulled the starter a year ago or so, it turned over and seemed to 'chug' indicating some amount of compression. I put a little bit of oil in each cylinder to keep them lubed. When I hooked up a battery to the car, the fuel pump 'ticked' but I never did get to clean out the fuel tank and radiator properly. The brake system still has fluid in it but I never tried out the brakes. It does roll, or did last time I had it off the platform rollers that its on in storage. It is about 5x10 feet without body work, about two feet longer with nose cone and pipes. It is only about 2.5 feet high. It has an extremely low ride height and takes a bit of finesse or specialized trailer ramps to load. No idea about gauges, but they were working when it was last raced as I was told from previous owner. I did install a new wheel bearing in one wheel, but that was it and I am not sure of any other immediate issues with the vehicle.

That being said...

This car will need a complete 'going-through' before it is competitively autocrossed. In addition, it would need a new main hoop to compete in current SCCA club racing due to the older diameter regulations.

There are about 8-10 boxes of spares, not including the extra set of wheels. The boxes are either 1x1x3 foot ammunition boxes, 2x2x1 foot cardboard boxes, or 2x2.5x2 foot Rubbermaid-style boxes. All sizes are close estimates. The entire collection probably weighs in at more than 1000# (I forgot some spares and the heavy wood ammo boxes), but not more than 1500#.

I apologize if I don't have all the specifics for delivery. There are a few pictures of the car in the storage unit with all the spares in the background that could give you a visual of what I am attempting to describe.

Eric G
    Last edited by mkiisupra; 05-19-2014 at 01:27 PM.
    It's okay not to have a signature, really. Inputs wonky, spin central.

Real Name
    Daniel Bucknell

Now I'm upset at myself I bought a shifter kart. -_- I knew I should have waited a bit longer.
    STF- 2007 Toyota Corolla S, BECAUSERACECAR

D/E-Mod - Still in progress.
    If I had the money for RPF1s, i wouldn't be driving a Corolla.

Real Name
    steve carlson

Hey Eric

What happened to the 440 project? Loss of interest? Time?? Work space?
    Bummer..... I looked forward to seeing you run that car.

Steve

Real Name
    Eric G

Quote Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
    Hey Eric

What happened to the 440 project? Loss of interest? Time?? Work space?
    Bummer..... I looked forward to seeing you run that car.

Steve
    No loss of interest. However not much time and need to simplify in light of recent changes in life. Work space is a bit of an issue, but I could have overcome that. I also really wanted to make this happen, but right now, I would like to dedicate some time into my Datsun Roadster and getting my beloved Supra into a better state of condition. I may need to move to another house, blah, blah, blah. I do love looking at the car and it would seem a pretty simple, albeit thorough project to work on, but I do think I will have to pass this one one to someone else.

Eric G

Real Name
    steve carlson

Sorry you're gonna let it go. I sounds like a very fun car.

Do you think a big block Dodge would fit? LOL

Real Name
    Eric G

Update!

I would like to get this car to the next owner soon!

Very flexible on pricing!

I have had a couple of interested parties, but I really don't want to ship it.

PM or email for more! Make offer!

Eric G

Real Name
    Malek Yehya

Default I am willing to buy this car

I am looking for a cheap formula 500, 440, or any cheap formula car preferably with a motorcycle or snowmobile engine (fine if not) located in southern California in the price range of about $1000. It is going to be used by my high school's racing team to help teach some of the members how to drive competitively. It will be going to a good cause. This car fits the criteria perfectly, if anybody knows anything about please contact me at malekyehyamedia@gmail.com

Real Name
    Eric G

Sorry, the F440 is sold.

Eric G

Real Name
    Malek Yehya

Do you know to who and if they are selling it anytime soon

Real Name
    Malek Yehya

Do you know who bought it and if they are selling it. If not do you happen to have another one or know a similar one for sale