Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Help needed, big trouble with wheels.

  1. #1
    Lumker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Merced
    Posts
    216
    Real Name
    Daniel Bucknell

    Default Help needed, big trouble with wheels.

    I purchased some 15x7 wheels that were decently light about a month ago for my car, turns out one of the wheels cant maintain tire pressure. I am in dire need to get my hands on wheels that are of this size: 15x7, 5x100 bolt pattern, 35mm offset. Please keep in mind I'm on a tight budget as well. Also to add, would ST class allow me to swap my hub mounting of 5x100 to say an early 90's corolla 4x100 by using a donor hub? Thanks for any responses.
    STF- 2007 Toyota Corolla S, BECAUSERACECAR

    D/E-Mod - Still in progress.
    If I had the money for RPF1s, i wouldn't be driving a Corolla.

  2. #2
    mkiisupra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    281
    Real Name
    Eric G

    Default

    Hi Daniel!

    I don't have any wheels that fit your bill, but could something be done to the wheels that aren't holding pressure? Have you determined what it is that is causing the loss of air? Would a powdercoating or simple paint on the inside of the 'hoop' fill in any porous surfaces?? Could wheel america 'fix' them if they are bent enough to let air out. If its cracked, whole different enchilada.

    Eric G
    It's okay not to have a signature, really. Inputs wonky, spin central.

  3. #3
    Lumker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Merced
    Posts
    216
    Real Name
    Daniel Bucknell

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mkiisupra View Post
    Hi Daniel!

    I don't have any wheels that fit your bill, but could something be done to the wheels that aren't holding pressure? Have you determined what it is that is causing the loss of air? Would a powdercoating or simple paint on the inside of the 'hoop' fill in any porous surfaces?? Could wheel america 'fix' them if they are bent enough to let air out. If its cracked, whole different enchilada.

    Eric G
    Thanks Eric, but im not so certain these wheels would be worth investing to fix at the same time. There is a small crack where it makes contact with the tire bead on the arc of the wheel. :/
    STF- 2007 Toyota Corolla S, BECAUSERACECAR

    D/E-Mod - Still in progress.
    If I had the money for RPF1s, i wouldn't be driving a Corolla.

  4. #4
    2159ClassicRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Fresno, CA
    Posts
    1,228
    Real Name
    Kurt Wong

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lumker View Post
    I purchased some 15x7 wheels that were decently light about a month ago for my car, turns out one of the wheels cant maintain tire pressure. I am in dire need to get my hands on wheels that are of this size: 15x7, 5x100 bolt pattern, 35mm offset. Please keep in mind I'm on a tight budget as well. Also to add, would ST class allow me to swap my hub mounting of 5x100 to say an early 90's corolla 4x100 by using a donor hub? Thanks for any responses.
    Changing your hub bolt pattern would bump you out of ST category I believe. Photo of the crack? JB weld
    Kurt
    1990 Classic Red Miata (STR/Track)
    2007 Stormy Blue Mica RX8 (STX)
    2013 Asphalt FRS (C-Street - Thanks Kat!)
    Photos
    "pitbowl" (GT5)

  5. #5
    Lumker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Merced
    Posts
    216
    Real Name
    Daniel Bucknell

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2159ClassicRed View Post
    Changing your hub bolt pattern would bump you out of ST category I believe. Photo of the crack? JB weld
    DSC01369_resize1243818651.jpg
    :c I didn't really notice it until after i mounted my DD potenzas on it.Not sure if jb weld would seal the very top D: but who knows, ive only used it a couple times so ill give it a shot i guess. If not I guess its not much of a loss since i only purchased the wheels for $50
    STF- 2007 Toyota Corolla S, BECAUSERACECAR

    D/E-Mod - Still in progress.
    If I had the money for RPF1s, i wouldn't be driving a Corolla.

  6. #6
    2015 Chief of Timing & Scoring 59Ford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Clovis, CA
    Posts
    183
    Real Name
    Edgar Martinez

    Default

    if you are trying to save a bit of weight over stocks, you can usually find some American Racing D-Ring steel wheels for about 250.00ish a set new. Good used wheels are a bit difficult to find (at a low price) in that size. I had a heck of a time trying to find some for my wifes celica a while back, finally i just bit the bullet and got her a set of new stocks for 85 a piece (what she wanted from the start anyway). Good Luck Daniel! hope you find some, if not, get the D-Rings! !?!American Muscle meets Corolla!?!


    Edgar Martinez - 05' Whitewater Pearl Mazda RX8 #782 STX

    "We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public."

  7. #7
    dbratten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Turlock, CA
    Posts
    1,031
    Real Name
    Dan Bratten

    Default

    Weld it and grind back down. A lot less work than changing hubs.
    Dan Bratten
    SS - C7 Z06 Corvette
    OSP or CAM-S - C6 Corvette

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    24
    Real Name
    joey mofield

    Default

    r u going 4 looks or just working

  9. #9
    2015 Chief of Impound & Protest Ken_STi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Clovis
    Posts
    272
    Real Name
    Ken Vaughn

    Default

    Looks like Tire Rack has a few wheels on close out that will fit your Toyota for $49/each. Definitely worth a look.
    2011 Porsche Cayman
    2.9, PDK, Carrera S II Wheels, Sports Chrono
    Remus exhaust
    Live Fast, Drive Faster.........

  10. #10
    JaredV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Fresno
    Posts
    91
    Real Name
    Jared Vawter

    Default

    I have 5x100 17x8's.....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •